[mcclim-devel] Reposting gadgets.patch

Timothy Moore moore at bricoworks.com
Fri Feb 25 09:45:34 UTC 2005

On Feb 25, 2005, at 9:07 AM, mikemac at mikemac.com wrote:

>> To: mcclim-devel at common-lisp.net
>> Date: Fri, 25 Feb 2005 00:57:19 -0500
>> From: Andy Hefner
>>
>> Actually neither of these patches are correct, the intent is to modify
>> the value of the slots.
>>
>> :)
>
>   Fine, then use MAKE-RECTANGLE* to make a new rectangle. Don't
> modify an existing one:
>
> 	Members of this class are immutable.
Then we need to rewrite recording.lisp :) Seriously, we've abused
rectangles in this way for a very long time; they're too convenient to
use in the representation of output recording  records. We also
conflate rectangles, bounding rectangles, and output records, even
though the spec says they are different. I think the admonition
"rectangles are immutable" is more in the context of operations on
regions.

Tim