[mcclim-devel] Statement of intent: release McCLIM on Mothering Sunday (2005-03-06)

Janis Dzerins jdz at dir.lv
Tue Feb 15 12:53:34 UTC 2005

On Tue, 2005-02-15 at 10:44 +0000, Christophe Rhodes wrote:
> Timothy Moore <moore at bricoworks.com> writes:
>
> > Make sure McCLIM works well, out of the box, with climacs. I don't
> > think that will be too hard -- we should be there -- but climacs is
> > clearly the major client of McCLIM now; climacs users should be able
> > to install and use McCLIM without problems.
>
> I think climacs is possibly the closest thing to an application with
> potential users that's in the "public domain", so to speak, but let's
> not discount the possibility that there are some silent people working
> on their own apps :-)

What's so funny? :)  I have this game I'm working on, which is in an
almost-done state (screenshot available at <URL:
http://www.ltn.lv/~jonis/wapi.png >).  There are a few things I'd like
to add before I release it, but I think it will happen before the next
release of McCLIM.  It will be public domain, as the Clones game.

(And I can't wait till we have some application which uses the McCLIM's
GLX backend (I have a few ideas))!

--
Janis Dzerins

  If million people say a stupid thing, it's still a stupid thing.