[mcclim-devel] Statement of intent: release McCLIM on Mothering Sunday (2005-03-06)

Christophe Rhodes csr21 at cam.ac.uk
Tue Feb 15 10:44:34 UTC 2005

Timothy Moore <moore at bricoworks.com> writes:

> Make sure McCLIM works well, out of the box, with climacs. I don't
> think that will be too hard -- we should be there -- but climacs is
> clearly the major client of McCLIM now; climacs users should be able
> to install and use McCLIM without problems.

I think climacs is possibly the closest thing to an application with
potential users that's in the "public domain", so to speak, but let's
not discount the possibility that there are some silent people working
on their own apps :-)

If I could be indulged in suggesting one or two relatively cosmetic
fixes: one is the bouncing pointer documentation pane in the listener
when mousing over a multiline (or simply long) form; another,
well... am I allowed to mention the word "scrollbars"?  My particular
case is that sometimes, in sb-sprof-ui or in my tabcode app, I see a
lot of grey at the bottom of a scrolled area where real output ought
to be.  (I'm afraid I don't even understand how this can happen, but
I'll try to characterize it better if this is a new bug for anyone).

Cheers,

Christophe