[mcclim-devel] StudlyCaps directories

Brian Mastenbrook brian at mastenbrook.net
Fri Aug 5 11:46:16 UTC 2005

On Aug 4, 2005, at 11:45 AM, Christophe Rhodes wrote:

> Um, how come no-one's noticed this before?
>
> With a case-insensitive filesystem (such as is found, I believe, on at
> least some PowerPCs that seem absurdly popular these days), odd things
> happen to the CVS repository.
>
> I see, in the McCLIM directory,
>   lisp-dep/ and Lisp-Dep/
>   looks/ and Looks/
>   examples/ and Examples/
>   Backends/postscript and Backends/PostScript
>
> and this has just caused real problems over here, as we attempted to
> extract diffs for Backends/PostScript/ whereas we had the CVS/Entries
> file for Backends/postscript...
>
> Is it possible to remove these duplicatedly-named directories?

I think if you check out with cvs update -dP then those directories
would get pruned.

IIRC there's not much you can do about directories in CVS short of
repository surgery. If somebody knows how and can explain how to do
that without mucking up the repository I'd be glad to give it a go.
--
Brian Mastenbrook
brian at mastenbrook.net
http://www.iscblog.info/