[mcclim-devel] possible buglet in highlighting shapes

rpgoldman at real-time.com rpgoldman at real-time.com
Wed Apr 27 02:47:14 UTC 2005

I have built a grapher-based tool, that allows me to distinguish
between multiple types of node by using shapes.  When I highlight
rectangular nodes, all is well.  But I have "roundtangle" nodes, and
when I pass the mouse over them, instead of seeing a box around them,
or a highlight outline around the roundtangle, McCLIM gives me THREE
rectangles, one around the body of the node, and one each around the
semi-circles on the end.

Actually, even the rectangle highlighting seems to me a little odd,
since the highlight outline is drawn INSIDE the node, instead of
around its outline.

Here's the code that draws the nodes:

(defun draw-taems-node (object stream)
  (declare (special normal-ink text-style))
  (with-drawing-options (stream :ink normal-ink
				:text-style text-style)
    (with-output-as-presentation (stream object 'taems-node)
      (if (typep object 'taems:tmethod)
	  (surrounding-output-with-border
	      (stream :shape :rectangle)
	    (format stream "~D: ~A"
		    (musliner:name object)
		    (taems:taems-name object)))
	(surrounding-output-with-border
	    (stream :shape :oval)
	  (format stream "~D: ~A"
		  (musliner:name object)
		  (taems:taems-name object)))))))

Alas, I am too stupid to figure out how to grab a screendump from X to
illustrate this; any suggestions?  I wasn't sure how to get xwd to
wait until I had a node highlighted before writing its output....

Thanks,