[mcclim-devel] question about behavior of describe

rpgoldman at real-time.com rpgoldman at real-time.com
Tue Apr 5 20:01:52 UTC 2005

    asf> Today, <rpgoldman at sift.info> wrote:
    RS> The previous default behavior was removed because not every
    RS> application wanted it (it was a rather implementation-oriented
    RS> feature).
    >>
    >> I apologize if this is another dumb question, but wouldn't it be
    >> reasonable to allow McCLIM programmers to choose whether or not they
    >> want the old default behavior by encapsulating it in a
    >> command-table, and allowing the programmer to decide whether or not
    >> that behavior is what s/he wants?

    asf> Sorry if I'm missing the point of this thread, but at least on McCLIM
    asf> 0.9.1, I can still access the "describe presentation" command by
    asf> left-clicking on the presentation while holding the Super
    asf> key.

Perhaps the problem's at my end.  I do not seem to be able to do this
(although I have a super key defined, AFAICT).  Further, when I
explicitly add a menubar with "Describe presentation" on it:

(make-command-table 'debug-command-table
		    :errorp nil
		    :menu '(("Describe presentation"
			     :command
			     com-describe-presentation)
			    ("Describe object"
			     :command
			     com-describe-object)))

(make-command-table 'menubar-command-table
		    :errorp nil
		    :menu '(("Describe" :menu debug-command-table)))

The "Describe presentation" menu item appears grayed out and seems
inactive.  I'm using a copy I pulled from CVS yesterday (and rebuilt
from source).

Can anyone correct me on this?