[mcclim-devel] manual

rpgoldman at sift.info rpgoldman at sift.info
Tue Apr 5 21:40:37 UTC 2005

I wanted to be able to navigate the manual better, so was playing with
formats.

First I tried latex2html, but found that it doesn't deal well with the
new macros for all the definitions (e.g., \defmacro).  I wrestled with
this for a while, but had no luck.

Then I tried pdflatex with the hyperref package.  This lets us
generate pdf with the bookmarks pane of acrobat accessible, which
makes it much easier to mouse around the document.

The only problem is that you can't include ps files into pdflatex; you
must translate them into pdf first.

If that doesn't bother anyone, I could provide patches.  For the
moment, I'll put the new pdf up on my website for people to look at.

http://rpgoldman.real-time.com/papers/mcclim-manual.pdf

Cheers,