[mcclim-devel] question about behavior of describe

Andreas Fuchs asf at boinkor.net
Tue Apr 5 18:02:20 UTC 2005

Today, <rpgoldman at sift.info> wrote:
> RS> The previous default behavior was removed because not every
> RS> application wanted it (it was a rather implementation-oriented
> RS> feature).
>
> I apologize if this is another dumb question, but wouldn't it be
> reasonable to allow McCLIM programmers to choose whether or not they
> want the old default behavior by encapsulating it in a
> command-table, and allowing the programmer to decide whether or not
> that behavior is what s/he wants?

Sorry if I'm missing the point of this thread, but at least on McCLIM
0.9.1, I can still access the "describe presentation" command by
left-clicking on the presentation while holding the Super key.

Granted, it's not in the most accessible places on many keyboards, but
it's available so it should be possible to re-map if you need it
somewhere else.

Good luck,
--
Andreas Fuchs, <asf at boinkor.net>, asf at jabber.at, antifuchs