Set-coords arc floating precision

cage cage at katamail.com
Sun Oct 4 09:23:57 UTC 2015

On Fri, Oct 02, 2015 at 08:55:17PM -0400, Nate Chodosh wrote:
> Hello,

Hello!

> My name is Nate. I have never participated in one of these lists before so
> I don't know the protocol so I apologize if this isn't the appropriate
> channel.

No problem! Welcome! :)

> I am working on an application where I need arrows on the end of arcs,
> which I am accomplishing by adding very small lines to the end points.
> However I think I have discovered that set-coords when used with an arc
> won't update the position unless the coordinates are integers which makes
> my approach impossible. Is there a workaround for this issue?

No sure I can see the point here  as you did not provided any code but
if you are rendering on the screen,  as I guess, you will have to deal
with rounding anyway: if you want to draw at x = 1.5 (for example) you
have to decide which pixel draw (x = 1 or x = 2) as there is "nothing"
between pixel.

> Thank you,
> Nate

Bye!