[ltk-user] ltk examples

Nicolas Neuss neuss at math.uka.de
Wed Nov 22 20:04:51 UTC 2006

From: Nicolas Neuss <neuss at mathematik.uni-karlsruhe.de>
Subject: Re: [ltk-user] ltk examples
To: Talk about Ltk the Lisp Toolkit <ltk-user at common-lisp.net>
Date: 22 Nov 2006 18:50:26 +0100

Bernhard Graf <bgraf at adartis.de> writes:

> Hi Ken,
>
> yes, the only demo for ltk is in fact the spinning lines demo. Demo's
> like the one you provide for your Celtk or Cells-TK would be really great
> for ltk.  The reason why I use ltk is simply that I want to do it on my
> PowerBook and Cells and everything related to it seem only be supported
> on Linux and Windows.  Or has anyone got it working on a Mac as well,
> either on openMCL or SBCL ?
>
> I am also stuck again with my ltk trials. I know that e.g. "entry"
> delivers its content as text and this can be used with (text
> entry_variable) It seems to come from a tktextvariable, according to the
> source in ltk.lisp.  I was able to display a slider (scale), but I have
> no idea on how to get its current value. What type is it ? Which method
> needs to be used to get it ?  If only these informations were given in
> the ltk documentation, it would be really helpful. Unfortunately, the
> source seems to be the only documentation. Nice for Lisp geeks, but
> problematic for people like me ;-)
>
> Greetings,
>
> Bernhard
>
> PS : I heard that you are designing a math tutorial software for  kids. If
> you ever need someone to translate it to German, give me a  call ;-)

I also asked once about some problem on this list recently, and only Ken
answered.  His answer did not solve my problem, and I decided that other
things were more important to me at the moment.  I am somewhat astonished
that this list seems so abandoned by LTk developers and users.  Maybe you
could find more help at comp.lang.lisp?

Nicolas