[ltk-user] ltk examples

Phil Armitage philip.armitage at gmail.com
Thu Nov 23 00:26:57 UTC 2006

> I also asked once about some problem on this list recently, and only Ken
> answered.  His answer did not solve my problem, and I decided that other
> things were more important to me at the moment.  I am somewhat astonished
> that this list seems so abandoned by LTk developers and users.  Maybe you
> could find more help at comp.lang.lisp?

I think Ken's advice to Bernhard is the best bet. My selected-text
issue posted last week was found by reversing out some code I'd
written in TkInter (Python) a long while back which in turn was
derived from the Tcl/Tk docs. It then became fairly obvious what Tcl
code I needed to push from Lisp.

(Obviously this is not always the most productive way to work...).

I'm sort of wondering if I should switch over to Cello/Cells/Gtk
instead as people seem quite interested in it. I only really picked
Ltk as it loaded first time without any errors. In general the only
real problem I'm having with CL since starting is getting libraries to
work (although this is most likely incompetence on my part so don't
read it as a complaint!).

Phil