local-time-duration

Eli Naeher enaeher at gmail.com
Tue Jan 7 18:49:32 UTC 2014

Hello,

After looking at the time-interval package, I determined that it did some
things that I didn't need (like handling intervals denominated in months
and years) and wasn't able to do some things I did need (like comparing
intervals expressed in different units), so I have written
local-time-duration, available at
https://github.com/enaeher/local-time-duration. There is room for
optimization but it does what I need and may be useful to others.

I re-used the %defcomparator macro from local-time to implement things like
duration>, duration<, etc., but had to modify it slightly since the
original asserts that its arguments are timestamps. Would a patch to
local-time so that %defcomparator can be passed an expected argument type
be accepted? If so, I will prepare a pull request.

-Eli