local-time-duration

Attila Lendvai attila.lendvai at gmail.com
Fri Jan 24 03:20:22 UTC 2014

> intervals expressed in different units), so I have written
> local-time-duration, available at
> https://github.com/enaeher/local-time-duration. There is room for
> optimization but it does what I need and may be useful to others.

thanks for the note, i've added this to the local-time readme/TODO.

Daniel, can you please flip me the commit bit on github for
local-time?

i don't have any big plans, just small semantic-noop's like
this... and even if i'll have some plans i'll open a discussion and a
branch in my own fork.

> I re-used the %defcomparator macro from local-time to implement things like
> duration>, duration<, etc., but had to modify it slightly since the original
> asserts that its arguments are timestamps. Would a patch to local-time so
> that %defcomparator can be passed an expected argument type be accepted? If
> so, I will prepare a pull request.

that sounds like a reasonable change *in the current setup*, but i
don't think it makes sense to have a separate library for your code;
it should be part of local-time.

but i can sympathize with your decision given the level of feedback
you received... sorry for that! i personally will not have much time
for local-time in the future either.

--
• attila lendvai
• PGP: 963F 5D5F 45C7 DFCD 0A39