[lisp-interface-library-devel] AP5 -- but I guess you knew that already...

Faré fahree at gmail.com
Mon Nov 5 12:29:40 UTC 2012

On Sat, Nov 3, 2012 at 9:18 PM, Dan Lentz <danlentz at gmail.com> wrote:
> So I just stumbled into AP5 and couldn't wait to report my "discovery"
> to this list as there are many ways it directly applies to the
> relations between the LIL interfaces -- ie the very thing we are doing
> right now.
>
> But several mouse clicks later I see you've known about this for a
> long time and even have it as s "recommended library" on tunes.org...
>
> Does it work ?  Why aren't you using it?

Yes, AP5 works, or at least used to work.
Yes, it is a sensible approach to defining data models.
I'm not using it because I haven't had the opportunity to determine
the tools used for data modelling, so far, only to work below or above
that part of software design. However, thanks for mentioning it right
now, because I might...

It is said that pragmatism trumps ideology in a crisis. What actually happens
in a crisis, certainly in this one, is that the ruling party gets to
rechristen its ideology as pragmatism. — Christopher Caldwell