[lisp-interface-library-devel] API design

Faré fahree at gmail.com
Sat Nov 3 15:52:33 UTC 2012

So I'm adding an API for sets, soon to be followed by sequences and arrays.

Also, drewc is using something called quick-build, which is similar in
principle to faslpath,
and proposes we should use it for LIL. I'd like to try, but it's yet
more work. Sigh.

Stupid questions:
1- Should all symbols have a simple home package (e.g. pure, stateful,
interface, classy, posh, stylish), or should they be visible from said
package but have a home package based on wherever the symbol was
originally defined?
2- When iterating over a multiset, should we see a multiply-member
element multiple times, or should we see each element once, with a
count? Or should we have both interfaces?
3- How much efforts should I make to mimic the typeclasses of Haskell
or the interfaces of Clojure?
4- So far I've avoided clashes with package CL. Should I clash more readily?

God must love the Common Man; He made so many of them.