[lisp-game-dev] cl-opengl mac os x

Quentin Stievenart acieroid at awesom.eu
Sun Jul 4 20:35:20 UTC 2010

On Sun, Jul 04, 2010 at 11:23:50AM -0700, Schell Scivally wrote:
> Hi guys, I'm working on a game for the expo competition. Can anyone
> tell me the shortest path to opengl on mac os x? All the posts I've
> found are about 2 years old. Have there been any advances on cl-opengl
> since then? I should also mention that I'm completely new to lisp in
> general. This is a trial by fire.
Hi,

There are chances that cl-opengl works without any modifications, since
it only needs OpenGL libraries installed. All you have to do is to clone
the repository (http://github.com/3b/cl-opengl) and link the .asd file
to ~/.sbcl/systems. Then just require and hack. You might need GLUT
though, look at freeglut (http://freeglut.sourceforge.net/).

Also, check out glop (http://github.com/patzy/glop), these are new
bindings for opengl but you'll need X11.

I can't help you more than that since I'm not a OS X user, all I can do
is to wish you good luck.