[lift-devel] Re: lift -- small issue (copy-stream undefined)

A.J. Rossini blindglobe at gmail.com
Fri Nov 23 06:12:53 UTC 2007

On Nov 22, 2007 11:03 PM, Gary King <gwking at metabang.com> wrote:
> (cc'd to list)
>
> Hi Tony,
>
> > I've been enjoying the use of lift for establishing a baseline for
> > common lisp stat, a statistical analysis DSL I've been working on.   I
> > think that when you factored out metatilities, you neglected to drop
> > in a version of copy-stream.   Or is metatilities still required?
>
> IIRC, there was a period where I'd removed the metatilities
> dependence from LIFT and forgotten to include a copy of copy-file...
> but that was a while ago. The more recent versions should have the
> file dev/copy-file.lisp as part of the distribution.

I'm seeing that file, but copy-stream function isn't included in my
copy?  (most recent darcs pull).   Maybe I need to get it again?

> > But they do need a bit more work (i.e. variations on what possibly
> > could be equivalent, in terms of different norms).
>
> I've installed git but don't know how to get the repo! I've tried
>
> > git checkout http://repo.or.cz/r/CommonLispStat.git

No problem, it would be

git clone http://repo.or.cz/r/CommonLispStat.git

If you need help with git-ing git, let me know.

best,
-tony

blindglobe at gmail.com
Muttenz, Switzerland.
"Commit early,commit often, and commit in a repository from which we
can easily roll-back your mistakes" (AJR, 4Jan05).

Drink Coffee:  Do stupid things faster with more energy!