[lift-devel] Re: lift -- small issue (copy-stream undefined)

Gary King gwking at metabang.com
Thu Nov 22 22:03:26 UTC 2007

(cc'd to list)

Hi Tony,

> I've been enjoying the use of lift for establishing a baseline for
> common lisp stat, a statistical analysis DSL I've been working on.   I
> think that when you factored out metatilities, you neglected to drop
> in a version of copy-stream.   Or is metatilities still required?

IIRC, there was a period where I'd removed the metatilities
dependence from LIFT and forgotten to include a copy of copy-file...
but that was a while ago. The more recent versions should have the
file dev/copy-file.lisp as part of the distribution.

> Also, do you have any suggestions for supporting equivalence for
> "tricky" numerical functions (scalar, matrix, or lists of such for
> outputs).   I've written a few that need more work, see the
> unittests.lisp file in the CommonLispStat repo (git, not darcs) on
> http://repo.or.cz/

I'd like to look at the file but am a complete git about git (I
suppose that pun has already been worked to death, huh!?)

> But they do need a bit more work (i.e. variations on what possibly
> could be equivalent, in terms of different norms).

I've installed git but don't know how to get the repo! I've tried

> git checkout http://repo.or.cz/r/CommonLispStat.git

but that isn't doing it. I'm sure that I can RTFM but if you can pass
me along a clue, I'd appreciate it. <smile>

Thanks,
--
Gary Warren King, metabang.com
Cell: (413) 559 8738