Trying to write the interface to gsl_multifit_fdfsolver_jac

Mirko Vukovic mirko.vukovic at gmail.com
Fri Nov 13 20:31:02 UTC 2015

I am trying to write the interface to this gsl function:
gsl_multifit_fdfsolver_jac (I believe introduced in gsl 2.0) that is
necessary for nonlinear-least-squares.lisp

(It is returns the Jacobian)  See documentation
<https://www.gnu.org/software/gsl/manual/html_node/Computing-the-covariance-matrix-of-best-fit-parameters.html#Computing-the-covariance-matrix-of-best-fit-parameters>
and
example usage:

gsl_multifit_fdfsolver_jac(s, J);
gsl_multifit_covar (J, 0.0, covar);

This is my failed attempt after looking at gsll code and documentation

(defmfun jacobian (solver)
  "gsl_multifit_fdfsolver_jac"
  (((mpointer solver) :pointer) (*jacobian :pointer)
  :definition :function
  :inputs (solver)
  :outputs (*jacobian)
  :c-return :success-failure
  :return ((make-foreign-array-from-mpointer *jacobian))
  :documentation "Query the solver for the Jacobian, a pointer")

Can someone tell me how to make this work?

Thanks,

Mirko