GSL 2.x news

Mirko Vukovic mirko.vukovic at gmail.com
Wed Nov 11 21:23:31 UTC 2015

This email is related to recent releases of GSL and (not GSLL):

GSL 2.0 and 2.1 have been released (see http://www.gnu.org/software/gsl/
and http://git.savannah.gnu.org/cgit/gsl.git/tree/NEWS)

2.0  is now distributed by msys2 on Windows.

2.0 brought new functionality, changes to the interface and some new bugs.

As far as I know gsll has not been updated yet (and that is not a critique).

2.0 compiles on Windows on CCL and SBCL with the exception of two issues:
- solve-minimize-fit\solver-struct__grovel.c
- There is no class named GSLL::BASIS-SPLINE.

I am not sure if these errors are related to the bugs discussed in this
email thread:
http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/help-gsl/2015-11/msg00006.html)

On SBCL 1.30 the test summary is:

Unit Test Summary
 | 3722 assertions total
 | 3658 passed
 | 64 failed
 | 19 execution errors
 | 0 missing tests

#<TEST-RESULTS-DB Total(3722) Passed(3658) Failed(64) Errors(19)>

All execution errors have to do with exception_access_violation.

Mirko