[Gsll-devel] Find gsl automatically

Leo sdl.web at gmail.com
Sun May 23 07:58:55 UTC 2010

On 2010-05-23 03:22 +0100, Liam Healy wrote:
> Leo,
>
> This looks suspiciously like pkg-config, which I have found to be
> wrong for ordinary Debian package installs.  So what happens if
> gsl-config isn't found or is wrong?  Does it fail to install GSLL?
>
> If we're going to call out for something, how about "locate"? It
> always seems to work for me.

gsl-config takes the information when the lib is being built. That means
it is only correct with the corresponding lib.

If a user have multiple installations of gsl and changes gsl-config to,
for example, gsl-config-1.3 and gsl-config-1.4 and want to use 1.4, he
or she needs sym link gsl-config to gsl-config-1.4.

Locate is only usable when it has the database. If not, one would get
this: 'default database: `/var/db/locate.database' or $LOCATE_PATH'.

Best wishes,
Leo

--
CCL-USER> (if you fail to plan (plan to fail))