[Gsll-devel] Find gsl automatically

Liam Healy lhealy at common-lisp.net
Sun May 23 15:47:57 UTC 2010

OK I've done two things, partially using your changes.  In an
abundance of caution, I've done this on a new branch "paths" so that
we can test it out before committing to master.

1) Relying on CFFI's statement that library paths should be known
already, I have eliminated them all:
"Most, if not all, Lisps supported by CFFI have a reasonable default
search algorithm for foreign libraries."
2) I have incorporated your suggestion to use gsl-config for the
header files only.  The use of cc-flags was only in effect for Macs as
it was, and that is still the case.

This works correctly on linux (Debian) but it's important for people on
other platforms to checkout the paths branch and test it, particularly
those using Macs and cygwin.

git fetch
git checkout -b paths origin/paths

Liam