[Gsll-devel] Problem with building gsll

Sam Steingold sds at gnu.org
Mon Aug 24 19:08:29 UTC 2009

On Sat, Aug 22, 2009 at 4:33 PM, Liam Healy<lhealy at common-lisp.net> wrote:
> Unfortunately, OS X does not have standard installation locations,
> so it's hard to capture all the places that GSL .h files might
> be found (especially since I'm not a Mac user).  I have added
>
> #+darwin
> (setf cffi-grovel::*cc-flags*
>      (append '("-I" "/opt/local/include/") cffi-grovel::*cc-flags*))
>
> to init/init.lisp. I've also made a similar addition to FSBV.
> Delete all the your fasl and grovel-tmp files and try with a fresh pull.
> Let me know whether this works or not.

I need -I/usr/lib64/libffi-3.0.5/include in cffi-grovel::*cc-flags*
and I found no better way than to edit cffi_0.10.5/grovel/grovel.lisp.
alas, the above append call must happen _after_ grovel is loaded, but
_before_ it is used, and there is no obvious way to run some code at
that moment when all I do is:
(asdf:operate 'asdf:load-op :gsll)

--
Sam Steingold <http://sds.podval.org>