[Gsll-devel] Problem with building gsll

Liam Healy lhealy at common-lisp.net
Wed Aug 26 01:14:38 UTC 2009

On Mon, Aug 24, 2009 at 3:08 PM, Sam Steingold<sds at gnu.org> wrote:
> On Sat, Aug 22, 2009 at 4:33 PM, Liam Healy<lhealy at common-lisp.net> wrote:
>> Unfortunately, OS X does not have standard installation locations,
>> so it's hard to capture all the places that GSL .h files might
>> be found (especially since I'm not a Mac user).  I have added
>>
>> #+darwin
>> (setf cffi-grovel::*cc-flags*
>>      (append '("-I" "/opt/local/include/") cffi-grovel::*cc-flags*))
>>
>> to init/init.lisp. I've also made a similar addition to FSBV.
>> Delete all the your fasl and grovel-tmp files and try with a fresh pull.
>> Let me know whether this works or not.
>
> I need -I/usr/lib64/libffi-3.0.5/include in cffi-grovel::*cc-flags*
> and I found no better way than to edit cffi_0.10.5/grovel/grovel.lisp.
> alas, the above append call must happen _after_ grovel is loaded, but
> _before_ it is used, and there is no obvious way to run some code at
> that moment when all I do is:
> (asdf:operate 'asdf:load-op :gsll)

Can you see if some addition argument to the (cc-flags ...) form
solves the problem?  Look where there currently is already such a form
(i.e., all files that are loaded with cffi-grovel:grovel-file in the
ASD file).  Preferably with as non-version-specific a path as possible
(the libffi-3.0.5 makes me nervous, in that presumably every version
this changes).

If that doesn't work, I think a post to the cffi-devel list is in
order, as this seems to be something that shouldn't require editing
the grovel.lisp file.

Thanks,
Liam