[Gsll-devel] What is needed to fix matrix views?

Zach elzacho at gmail.com
Wed Apr 9 21:45:28 UTC 2008

Liam et. al.,

OK, tell me if I am wrong.  Matrix/vector views are not supported in GSLL.
This is due to the fact that we need to recieve a structure by value.  This
cannot be done due to a weakness of the underlying CFFI.  Which in turn
(according to their mailing list) is actually a weakness of most Lisp
implementations.  In order to get this to work there is some C language glue
that needs to be written.  Is this a correct assessment of the situation?

Zach