[Gsll-devel] DEFCVAR error

Tamas K Papp tpapp at Princeton.EDU
Tue Apr 1 17:17:11 UTC 2008

Thanks Liam,

I overlooked that, and I installed the latest version.  Now I get the
error:

* (require :gsll)

; #<PACKAGE "ASDF0">
; registering #<SYSTEM CFFI {B0B0CC9}> as CFFI

debugger invoked on a SIMPLE-ERROR in thread #<THREAD "initial thread" {A8EF661}>:
  There is no applicable method for the generic function
    #<STANDARD-GENERIC-FUNCTION (SB-PCL::SLOT-ACCESSOR :GLOBAL CFFI::SPEC
                                 SB-PCL::READER) (1)>
  when called with arguments
    (((:DARWIN
       (:OR "/opt/local/lib/libgslcblas.dylib"
        "/usr/local/lib/libgslcblas.dylib"))
      (:UNIX (:OR "/usr/lib/libgslcblas.so.0" "/usr/lib/libgslcblas.so"))
      (T (:DEFAULT "libgslcblas")))).

Type HELP for debugger help, or (SB-EXT:QUIT) to exit from SBCL.

restarts (invokable by number or by possibly-abbreviated name):
  0: [RETRY    ] Try loading the foreign library again.
  1: [USE-VALUE] Use another library instead.
  2: [RETRY    ] Retry performing #<ASDF:LOAD-OP NIL {B82B479}> on
                 #<ASDF:CL-SOURCE-FILE "init" {B6881B1}>.
  3: [ACCEPT   ] Continue, treating #<ASDF:LOAD-OP NIL {B82B479}> on
                 #<ASDF:CL-SOURCE-FILE "init" {B6881B1}> as having been
                 successful.
  4: [ABORT    ] Exit debugger, returning to top level.

((SB-PCL::FAST-METHOD NO-APPLICABLE-METHOD (T))
 #<unavailable argument>
 #<unavailable argument>
 #<STANDARD-GENERIC-FUNCTION (SB-PCL::SLOT-ACCESSOR :GLOBAL CFFI::SPEC
                              SB-PCL::READER) (1)>)
0]

Note that I installed libgsl0-dev which apparently contains
libgslcblas (this was not mentioned on the GSLL page), but still could
not get it working.  Using SBCL 1.0.14.debian.

Tamas