[Gsll-devel] DEFCVAR error

Jason Nielsen jdn at math.carleton.ca
Tue Apr 1 17:24:14 UTC 2008

On Tue, 1 Apr 2008, Tamas K Papp wrote:

>  when called with arguments
>    (((:DARWIN
>       (:OR "/opt/local/lib/libgslcblas.dylib"
>        "/usr/local/lib/libgslcblas.dylib"))
>      (:UNIX (:OR "/usr/lib/libgslcblas.so.0" "/usr/lib/libgslcblas.so"))
>      (T (:DEFAULT "libgslcblas")))).

<snip>

> Note that I installed libgsl0-dev which apparently contains
> libgslcblas (this was not mentioned on the GSLL page), but still could
> not get it working.  Using SBCL 1.0.14.debian.

Dear Tamas,

Type:

slocate libgslcblas

on an Ubuntu system I get:

/usr/lib/libgslcblas.so.0
/usr/lib/libgslcblas.so.0.0.0
/usr/lib/libgslcblas.a
/usr/lib/libgslcblas.so

if you do not get that either libgslcblas.so or libgslcblas.so.0 lives in
/usr/lib/ but somewhere else you will need to symlink it to /usr/lib or
change the lisp code to call the correct path.

Cheers,
Jason