[Gsll-devel] DEFCVAR error

Tamas K Papp tpapp at Princeton.EDU
Tue Apr 1 14:27:55 UTC 2008

Hi,

I checked out GSLL using svn, registered the package and tried to load
it.  But I am getting errors like this:

Execution of a form compiled with errors.
Form:
  (DEFCVAR (gsl_version *GSL-VERSION* READ-ONLY T) STRING
         The version of the GSL library being used.)
Compile-time error:
  (during macroexpansion of (DEFCVAR ("gsl_version" *GSL-VERSION* ...) ...))
error while parsing arguments to DEFMACRO DEFCVAR:
  odd number of elements in keyword/value list: ("The version of the GSL library being used.")
   [Condition of type SB-INT:COMPILED-PROGRAM-ERROR]

When I looked up cffi:defcvar, I found that its syntax is
(defcvar name type &key read-only)

but the code has

(cffi:defcvar ("gsl_version" *gsl-version* :read-only t) :string
          "The version of the GSL library being used.")

I am confused, am I supposed to use a different version of CFFI?

Thanks,

Tamas