[eurolisp] ELS'08 News!

Pascal Bourguignon pjb at informatimago.com
Mon Mar 24 23:14:10 UTC 2008

Marco Antoniotti writes:

> On Mar 22, 2008, at 10:27 , Robert Strandh wrote:
> > Marco Antoniotti writes:
> >> ... a little search would make a trip either through Frankfurt or
> >> Paris the best bets.
> >
> > Of course it depends on where you are coming from, but Amsterdam and
> > London are also possible, and Amsterdam is a nicer airport than
> > Paris.
>

> I am coming from west of Milan.   The best would be is SNCF had a
> serious east-west line.  But they don't.

There are TGV's going east-west, thru Toulouse to Bordeaux.  Perhaps
you'll have to change at Avignon, but if you want to go from Milan to
Bordeaux in train, you don't need to go thru Paris.

Now, if you want to finance a tunnel thru the Massif Central (and
round the volcans), I'm sure the SNCF wouldn't mind the subvention.

CONSUMER NOTICE: Because of the "uncertainty principle," it is
impossible for the consumer to simultaneously know both the precise
location and velocity of this product.