[eurolisp] ELS'08 News!

Marco Antoniotti marcoxa at cs.nyu.edu
Tue Mar 25 06:36:05 UTC 2008

On Mar 25, 2008, at 01:14 , Pascal Bourguignon wrote:
> Marco Antoniotti writes:

>>> Of course it depends on where you are coming from, but Amsterdam and
>>> London are also possible, and Amsterdam is a nicer airport than
>>> Paris.
>>

>> I am coming from west of Milan.   The best would be is SNCF had a
>> serious east-west line.  But they don't.
>
> There are TGV's going east-west, thru Toulouse to Bordeaux.  Perhaps
> you'll have to change at Avignon, but if you want to go from Milan to
> Bordeaux in train, you don't need to go thru Paris.

Well, from Milan the best is to get to Chambery and Lyon and then
west from there.  The SNCF site only gives me routes though Paris
though.  No Toulouse route is shown.  Would going via Nice be a
possibility?
In any case it looks the plane is still the best bet.

> Now, if you want to finance a tunnel thru the Massif Central (and
> round the volcans), I'm sure the SNCF wouldn't mind the subvention.

Come on.  A new huge tunnel will be carved through the Alps soon.  A
third of the money comes from the French side.  Just throw in a few
more euros and get past those hills you call the Massif Central :)
Besides, I think these projects should be financed directly by our
beyond-the-Channel friends. :)

Cheers
--
Marco