[elephant-devel] Reason for

Alex Mizrahi killerstorm at newmail.ru
Wed Sep 28 06:57:40 UTC 2011

 IE> Anyone remember why we put this into the elephant.asd file?

 IE> (defmethod operation-done-p ((o load-op) (c elephant-c-source)) nil)

To make sure that library is loaded at least once? There is no way to check
whether it is loaded via UFFI.
And if you return T ASDF might skip loading altogether.

I've already fixed this, BTW, through tracking what is loaded. Forgot to
push the patch...

 IE> It was causing the CCL MOP problem discussed earlier.
 IE>   I may have fixes for the CCL MOP - a few tests still fail which I
 IE> will diagnose later.

Have you read openmcl mailing list? It turns out shared-initialize which
injects persistent-object direct superclass is kinda broken.

BTW, is there a reason to do it via shared-initialize instead of
compute-precedence-list?

 IE> Part of the win is removing the following line from elephant.asd,
 IE>  but I'm sure I'm casing a regression against another use case this was
 IE> intended to handle.

Hmm, I haven't checked how ASDF handles it by default, I've tried both NIL
and T and none of them worked right, IIRC.
But tracking what is loaded is the right thing, right?