[elephant-devel] using one store with mutiple lisp instances

lukas.georgieff@hormail.com lukas.georgieff at hotmail.com
Wed May 4 20:21:02 UTC 2011

Hi Ian, hi Leslie,

thank you for comments!

> I should clarify the first sentence.  With a bunch of external machinery
to support a distributed transaction model, it's possible to run BDB across
machines, but Elephant
> doesn't have any of it so can only use the built-in shared memory locking
facility.  There was some talk a year or two ago about doing a distributed
locking solution for

@Leslie:
> Are you talking about NFS? I've never done anything like that. That's a
pure BDB issue though.
Yes.

Has anybody of you any idea or clue that could help us to use elephant with
Berkeley DB in the mentioned scenario, maybe an additional framework, etc.
that could handle the locking of the shared db?

Sincerely,

Lukas