[elephant-devel] using one store with mutiple lisp instances

Henrik Hjelte henrik at evahjelte.com
Thu May 5 10:01:40 UTC 2011

> Has anybody of you any idea or clue that could help us to use elephant with
> Berkeley DB in the mentioned scenario, maybe an additional framework, etc.
> that could handle the locking of the shared db?

I am curious why the postgres backend is so unpopular. As far as I
know there is no real data to support that it is slow in "real world"
applications. Just running the testcases and measuring total time is
not a very good performance test. It also has caching mechanisms that
work in multi-process applications. For an application running on
several computer is think network performance might be a bottleneck,
why should berkeley db have an edge in that case?

/Henrik Hjelte