[elephant-devel] Elephant on Windows/SBCL?

Leslie P. Polzer sky at viridian-project.de
Sun Sep 14 09:00:00 UTC 2008

> UFFI seems to load fine under SBCL/win32, although the test suite
> fails at compiling gethostname.lisp. (I'm not sure if that is
> significant or not... it looks like the tests also fail under
> Allegro/win32, although not in the same way.)

Not sure whether win32 has got gethostname at all, I believe
it's a UNIX thing (unistd.h).

So that's probably no indicator for certain doom. :)

> My project is actually a video game where I am trying to use
> persistence in the physical simulation. I don't know if Elephant is
> actually fast enough to be used for this, but I have had some success
> with ACache, so I'd like to try :-)

I haven't had a chance to try ACache but I suppose Elephant with BDB
should be on par. Ian might know more about that.

  Leslie

--
LinkedIn Profile: http://www.linkedin.com/in/polzer
Xing Profile: https://www.xing.com/profile/LeslieP_Polzer