[elephant-devel] Elephant on Windows/SBCL?

Alex Mizrahi killerstorm at newmail.ru
Sat Sep 13 21:24:35 UTC 2008

 ??>> My impression from the last time I tried it was that SBCL was
 ??>> insufficiently mature on Win32 to be a reasonable configuration to
 ??>> target.  Has this changed?  Is it getting more use?

 ES> I don't know exactly what qualifies as "more use", but I believe that
 ES> every SBCL release since about 1.0 builds cleanly on win32, and I
 ES> don't generally crash it in the sorts of things I work on...

it might work on your machine, but fail on neighbor machine, because
SBCL depends on allocating huge continuous chunk of address space,
and address space availability depends on dlls loaded etc. so IMHO
SBCL/Win32 is not a good/stable platform, and i'm afraid it will never
be such.