[elephant-devel] persistent vs persistent-object

Ian Eslick eslick at media.mit.edu
Sun Jun 15 17:10:50 UTC 2008

I'd have to go back and review the details, but originally persistent-
objects had additional functionality for user-generated slots and the
slot access protocol that differed from persistent-collection.

persistent - provides functionality for anything which is resident in
the data store - basically oid and controller references.

persistent-object (persistent) - provides a base class for anything
using the persistent object protocol for slot accesses.

persistent-collection (persistent) - inherits directly from persistent
and is a placeholder for methods or data common to all collections
(for now that's basically nothing).

Ian