[elephant-devel] Documentation Updates List

V. Glenn Tarcea gtarcea at umich.edu
Mon Jun 16 13:29:16 UTC 2008

I started this from Ian's posted list and added my own. Please add to,
delete from or change as appropriate.

1) Update all class indexing docs, especially derived indices (dropped
explicit API, hierarchical indexed slots)

2) Document new slot options in defpclass

3) Document associations

4) Document cached operation

5) Revamp database synchronization

6) Discussion of upgrade and schemas

7) Add section for postmodern backend

8) section on multi-threaded testing and update testing section in general

9) Update 'multi-threading' considerations

10) How to build the documentation (including dependencies such as sbcl)

11) Document new options for BDB db open

12) If appropriate - Document new options for PostModern

13) Should we have a section on migrating from CL-SQL to PostModern?

14) Document ASDF registry additions to support two separate instances of
Elephant (for testing purposes)

15) Updated BDB section to include a reference to DB_CONFIG

16) Examples using derived indexes (and migration from old way).

17) wishlist: More documentation on design of Elephant

18) wishlist: When/why you would use straight b-trees

19) wishlist: More pointers to projects using Elephant

I'll start with the BDB documentation (since that is what I have some
familiarity with). If someone can send me some bulleted items to get me
started on other things such as associations I'm happy to play around with
what you send to learn it well enough to write up documentation on that
part.

I'll start on the BDB docs Tuesday evening.

Thanks,

Glenn