[elephant-devel] persistent vs persistent-object

Glenn Tarcea gtarcea at umich.edu
Sun Jun 15 16:55:01 UTC 2008

Hey guys, I'm trying to understand why user classes inherit from
persistent-object, rather than persistent (that is why is there a
distinction and separation of functionality). I can see that the
initialization for persistent-object uses more of the elephant
classes (eg, all the different kinds of slot), and it kind of looks
like internal Elephant classes that need access to the underlying
infrastructure but don't need transient slots, etc... use persistent
and then have greater control over the rest. Am I on the right track?

Thanks,

Glenn