[elephant-devel] SQLite locking error / BDB multi-image support

Ian Eslick eslick at media.mit.edu
Tue Feb 26 19:07:11 UTC 2008

Hmmm...I believe that only the first to connect should attempt recovery.

Much of these issues are BDB restrictions that one has to live with if
you want to do more than the basic thing with them.  It would be
worthwhile for you to read up on BDB if you want to do the multi-
process implementation.  I don't know of anyone who has fully charted
this territory and elephant certainly doesn't have specific features
to help you deal (although you can launch a background db_deadlock
process to free deadlocked threads/processes with an argument to open-
store on your master process).

Using the described patch I was able to have two writers, one from an
Allegro image and one from an SBCL image both hammering (reading/
writing) on the same set of objects similar to your example.

By mess up the other process I assume you are running into a crash of
some kind and not data corruption (i.e. transaction design) issues

Ian

PS - Make sure you force a rebuild anytime you update.  I've found
asdf doesn't always get it right.