[elephant-devel] Re: Re: Re: sqite3 - always increase database size

Alex Mizrahi killerstorm at newmail.ru
Wed Apr 9 07:23:10 UTC 2008

 > I'm trying to remove an item from a btree.
 > Is there other function I can call instead of remove-kv?
 > I'm indeed using persistent classes.

you can enable class indexing then -- it automatically create one btree to
retrieve objects by class, and also a btree for each indexed slot. (if you
make at least one slot indexed class becomes indexed).
then you can model your application in object-oriented fashion, and
completely ignore low-level btrees -- you just work with indices. if you
want something unusual, there are derived indices for this purpose..

you can still use btrees, of course, but class indexing is usually more
handy in more-or-less complex applications, especially if you want to lookup
objects by their slots