[elephant-devel] Re: Re: sqite3 - always increase database size

Robert L. Read read at robertlread.net
Wed Apr 9 05:25:35 UTC 2008

On Wed, 2008-04-09 at 00:06 -0400, Aaron Feng wrote:
> Robert,
>
> > I don't understand why you would explicitly call remove-kv.
>
> I'm trying to remove an item from a btree.  Is there other function I
> can call instead of remove-kv?  I'm indeed using persistent classes.
> I'll post my code later, perhaps I'm doing something majorly wrong.
>
> Aaron

The one mistake the beginners commonly make is to think that they need
to declare something a persistent class AND put it in a btree.  You
don't need to do that; a persistent class in fact generates one (plus
one for each index) btree, but those should not be visible to the user
of the class.

Things like "mapclass" and "get-instances-by-range" provide a more
abstract interface than the btree interface.

Of course, you may be explicitly managing a btree, and that may be a
completely appropriate thing to do, depending on your application.