[elephant-devel] Start of 0.6.1 Beta Cycle

Ian Eslick eslick at csail.mit.edu
Sat Mar 24 15:47:55 UTC 2007

Frank/Edi,

I think the solution for Joe Average is as Edi suggested earlier,
we'll bundle Win32 DLLs with each release and people who want to
track the development tree or use 64-bit Windows will, for now, have
to solve the issues related to building images.

As soon as we're done with 0.6.1, we're going to move to Darcs and
we'll have two repositories.  A stable development repository with
bundled DLLs, an unstable development without valid DLLs and an asdf-
installable tar file with the latest formal release.

I apologize for the mess the Windows support is in just now, Windows
has not been a priority for me and it is not likely to become so.
Most of my non-priority time was allocated to getting Lispworks to
work cleanly.

Elephant would benefit greatly from a Windows user who was motivated
to clean things up properly and I'm happy to provide support for this.

Ian