[elephant-devel] Start of 0.6.1 Beta Cycle

Edi Weitz edi at agharta.de
Sat Mar 24 15:32:33 UTC 2007

On Fri, 23 Mar 2007 17:02:40 +0100, Frank Schorr <franks-muc at web.de> wrote:

> ((:berkeley-db-include-dir . "C:/Programme/Oracle/Berkeley DB 4.5.20/include/")
>  (:berkeley-db-lib-dir . "C:/Programme/Oracle/Berkeley DB 4.5.20/bin/")
>  (:berkeley-db-lib . "C:/Programme/Oracle/Berkeley DB 4.5.20/bin/libdb45.dll")
>  (:berkeley-db-deadlock . "C:/Programme/Oracle/Berkeley DB 4.5.20/bin/db_deadlock.exe")

As I said, this will only work with a German version of Windows.  I
think the example config file distributed with Elephant should use the
English variant and maybe include a comment that users of localized
versions will have to change the paths.  (Other than that this is the
default install location chosen by Oracle's installer.)

> 5. comment these lines out in C:\cygwin\usr\include\mingw\sys\types.h:
> /*
>   *#ifndef _SSIZE_T_
>   *#define _SSIZE_T_
>   *typedef long _ssize_t;
>   *
>   *#ifndef	_NO_OLDNAMES
>   *typedef _ssize_t ssize_t;
>   *#endif
>   *#endif * Not _SSIZE_T_ *
> */

I understand that this is necessary, but I think it means asking a bit
too much from Joe Average.  It implies that after building Elephant
you can't reliably use Cygwin for other tasks anymore.  (Or
alternatively you change this back and forth each time you want to
build Elephant which also doesn't sound very satisfactory.)