[elephant-devel] Start of 0.6.1 Beta Cycle

Edi Weitz edi at agharta.de
Sat Mar 24 16:03:41 UTC 2007

On Sat, 24 Mar 2007 11:47:55 -0400, Ian Eslick <eslick at csail.mit.edu> wrote:

> I think the solution for Joe Average is as Edi suggested earlier,
> we'll bundle Win32 DLLs with each release and people who want to
> track the development tree or use 64-bit Windows will, for now, have
> to solve the issues related to building images.

Fine with me.

> I apologize for the mess the Windows support is in just now, Windows
> has not been a priority for me and it is not likely to become so.
> Most of my non-priority time was allocated to getting Lispworks to
> work cleanly.
>
> Elephant would benefit greatly from a Windows user who was motivated
> to clean things up properly and I'm happy to provide support for
> this.

I could try to allocate some time for this although I can't promise
anything.

I won't be able to work with the Darcs repository, though.  I've spent
some quality time a few months ago to get it to work with Windows and
didn't succeed and I won't do it again.  I have better things to do in
my spare time.  If you're able to provide tarballs like ViewCVS does,
that won't be a problem, though.