[elephant-devel] Start of 0.6.1 Beta Cycle

Ian Eslick eslick at csail.mit.edu
Fri Mar 23 14:11:58 UTC 2007

I think the cygwin version is slow to update their versions and for
various reasons we tend to depend on the latest release (4.5 in this
case).

Your point on windows builds is well taken.  Here is a possible
approach:

By default, we distribute DLLs with major releases and major
development checkpoints.  There is a configuration option to inhibit
compilation.  If people want to track the development tree, they'll
have to enable this switch and then dig into why it doesn't work.
The current DLLs shouldn't depend on cygwin (--no-cygwin --mingw32).
However they'll only work on 32-bit Windows.

Does cygwin do cross-compilation for 64-bit windows?

Ian