[elephant-devel] 0.6.1 alpha dependency

Pierre THIERRY nowhere.man at levallois.eu.org
Fri Mar 16 18:27:57 UTC 2007

Scribit Ian Eslick dies 16/03/2007 hora 10:53:
> For various reasons I need to  renumber the type tags which means that
> existing 0.6.1 databases will  not be properly deserialized.

Coudln't the database format be versioned? We could then keep apart the
code that work on a given version, to always be able to deserialize
it... For such alpha versions it's obviously not worth the effort in the
long term, but for stable releases it would probably be great.

That would also be a strong argument to use Elephant, as users would not
have to be afraid of losing their data.

Or maybe an alternative would be to provide some verbose and inefficient
serialization scheme that could be used as an intermediary when changing
a database version...

Doubtfully,
Pierre
nowhere.man at levallois.eu.org