[elephant-devel] 0.6.1 alpha dependency

Ian Eslick eslick at csail.mit.edu
Fri Mar 16 18:59:32 UTC 2007

Actually the database format is versioned already (one of the big
things we did in this release was make that possible) and so we can
read 0.6.0 databases with the 0.6.1 code base in order to upgrade.
As you say, I wasn't going to add a new version of the database
format just to read alpha release databases, and so my question was
to see if it was a big problem for someone.  If it were, I might
consider adding the serialization scheme you suggest (dump xml or s-
expressions similar to cl-prevalence) to the current release.
However it's taken too long already so I'd like to dispense with that
and implement it later.  That would be a good ticket to add the Trac
database (http://trac.common-lisp.net/elephant) if you'd like to do
so.  Although there may already be one there if you want to check first.

Ian