[elephant-devel] 0.6.1 alpha dependency

Ian Eslick eslick at csail.mit.edu
Fri Mar 16 14:53:15 UTC 2007

Does anyone have a strong dependency on the current 0.6.1 alpha?  I
may need to change the serializer format to accommodate some types on
lispworks that don't get properly deserialized.

Specifically, lispworks supports a short-float which on most systems
is synonymous with single-float but on lispworks is special.  so if
it is coerced and saved as single-float, when deserialized the type
of short-float and single-float mismatch.  I would need to add a new
tag for short-float, but save it as a C single-float.  There may be
several other snafus of this nature.  For various reasons I need to
renumber the type tags which means that existing 0.6.1 databases will
not be properly deserialized.

Please let me know in the next day or two if this will be a problem.
0.6.0 can still upgrade to 0.6.1 serializer format, it is just
existing 0.6.1 databases that will not be upgradable.