[elephant-devel] Lispworks 5.0

Ian Eslick eslick at csail.mit.edu
Fri Mar 16 04:50:44 UTC 2007

I've been chasing down problems in Lispworks 5.0.  The crashes we saw
earlier were due to bugs in the UFFI handling of Lispworks 5.0
foreign function definitions (it isn't supported yet, duh!).  I'm
submitting a patch to Kevin to include in the next release.  I'll
make this available to elephant users.

Adapting Elephant to support Lispwork's type system, etc will take
some time.  Anyone interested in lending a hand?  I may put this off
and release the beta without Lispworks support if no one chimes up.

The only things keeping us from Beta:
- Lispworks 5.0 support
- OpenMCL 64-bit Intel / Mac OS X support (no 32-bit version available)
- A bug that pops up opening new DB's in SQLite

Thanks,