[elephant-devel] 4th European Lisp Workshop

Pierre THIERRY nowhere.man at levallois.eu.org
Wed Apr 11 23:22:18 UTC 2007

Scribit Ian Eslick dies 11/04/2007 hora 13:44:
> This sounds intriguing!  I'm not sure what you mean by data model,
> however.

I did that in my very first application with Elephant. It was a real
estate catalog. Several times, I had to add slots to the objects
describing the products.

All I had to do is redefine the class describing houses, for example, to
add a slot counting how much cars you could park in the garage. And
thanks to reflection in CLOS, in my case, all UI was automatically
adapted, because web forms were generated from class definitions...

Compare that to the typical way a web application is implemented, with
the data model set in stone and hard-wired in code.

Quickly,
Pierre
nowhere.man at levallois.eu.org
OpenPGP 0xD9D50D8A